Darlene Rodgers Sole and Soul Therapy
What Is Reiki?
Reiki (Ray-Key) is a Japanese healing technique which involves connecting with the Universal life force energy. Rei means divine wisdom. Ki means life force energy. The client draws in the Universal life force energy to relieve itself of physical, emotional, and spiritual blocks. Reiki assists in the natural healing process of the body enhancing its ability to rebalance to a healthier state.
What Can Reiki Do?
Anyone can benefit from a course of Reiki treatments, no matter what your age or your state of health, and beneficial changes can take place over a fairly short space of time. Reiki can produce:
*Reduced stress & Anxiety
*Boosted energy levels
* A feeling of inner calm, contentment and serenity
* A speeding up of the natural healing process. * Improve all functions of your body.
* Is safely absorbed, distributed and balanced by your body to meet specific needs.
* Bring about change and personal growth.
* Deepen and enhance therapeutic results working with your natural healing process already underway in your body.
* can bring relief from your physical pain brought on by stress, arthritis, migraines and injuries.
* works on all levels, mentally, physically and spiritually.
Reiki can also help you to:
* Feel more positive confident and better able to cope.
* Deal better with stressful people and difficult situations.
* Develop a strong sense of purpose and clear-thinking.
* Remove some of the 'clutter' from your life.
How Does Reiki Work?
The Universal life force of Reiki has an intelligence of its own and goes to where it is needed in the individual being healed. It comes from an unlimited source. It is not controlled or directed by the practitioner's mind, abilities, or state of health. The client is the one who accepts and controls the healing. If at a deeper level, they have a desire to be healed, and if the timing is correct for them, a complete healing can occur. Reiki is very simply applied through the process of touch by trained and certified Usui Reiki Practitioner. When the practitioner applies the hands to begin the treatment, the Universal life force energy begins to flow through them, out their hands in an amplified and focused manner. The Reiki energy does what it has to do for the person. The body draws the energy it needs - reawakening its ability to heal itself. It has the unique ability to be self balancing .
Receiving Reiki from a practitioner is a simple process. The client lies on a treatment table and the practitioner will gently lay their hands on or above the body in a series of hand positions on the head, torso and legs. Each hand position is held for a few minutes. During the treatment, energy (called 'chi') is drawn through the practitioner into the recipient, helping to produce a state of balance. The recipient remains clothed throughout the session.
What Might I Feel?
Deep relaxation, heat from the practitioner hands, perjaps tingling, a feeling of floating or sinking, or perhaps nothing at all. It varies a lot from person to another. No matter what you feel during your treatment, Reiki is giving you what you need.
How many Reiki Treatments do I need?
How many Reiki Treatments do I need?
While a one-off Reiki treatment will do something beneficial for you, bringing a sense of calm and peacefulness, and will produce some short-term physical benefits too, the best results come through having a course of treatments, maybe 4-6 sessions at weekly intervals.
The effects of Reiki build up cumulatively, you see, and having a course of treatments help to produce long-term beneficial changes for you on many levels.